Famous Monuments in Paris




It has occurred to me that my readers may be expecting pictures of the Eifel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, etc. Well, this isn't my first visit to Paris and I've seen all those things on previous visits. I have been visiting areas of the city that are new to me and doing things I have not done before, so no photos yet of the big monuments. I will visit those and take pictures some time.

I have been to the Place de la Bastille and photographed the tower there. We haven't felt any rain since we have been here, but some days are sunnier than others. The temperatures have been in the 60's to low 70's every day, so just about perfect. Most days I've gone out without a sweater or jacket and usually with short or 3/4 length sleeves.



Here is the Tour Eiffel taken from the top of the Montparnasse tower. It was a little hazy the day we were there. I set my camera to take high resolution pictures and then cropped the photo when I got home.
















And here is a photo of Sacre Coeur taken from the parc des Buttes-Chaumont, which I visited yesterday.









And finally another photo from the top of Montparnasse--Les Invalides.


So I hope this will satisfy those of you who were looking for more famous monuments. :-)














I did put some pictures from my walk at Place des Vosges on this web site.

Comments

PAT said…
Great photos, Ceci! I'm enjoying your stay in Paris!

Pat
Anonymous said…
I am really looking forward to following your months in Paris.
Anonymous said…
Oh, Ceci! The Place des Vosges and your descriptions of the photos and the history kept me enthralled. How incredible to see these things and get a sense of the kings and queens and people of that time! I found it interesting that your book was written by 3 generations, too. Did you wave at the queen having her lunch by the open window? LOL!
Unknown said…
Your blog is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful content. It is really very interesting. . .
safe packing and unpacking services cuttack.

Popular posts from this blog

A visit to Louis Pasteur Museum

Four Hours in Paris

A visit to Guernsey of the Channel Islands